Adding professional development to your profile is easy! When you submit your documents for the first time, upload a copy of your training certificates from the past two years, and our team will add them to your training tab. If you are mailing your documents, you may submit photocopies of your training certificates. You can also skip the certificate upload for some training organizations by using our data transfer feature.
Don’t forget to keep your profile up-to-date! As you attend professional development events throughout the year, capture this training in your profile by uploading new training certificates at any time.
Training certificates must include the following:
- The name of the participant
- The name and signature of the trainer or person who conducted the training event (This person cannot be the same person who received the training).
- The name of the training organization
- The title of the training (the title must be specific and descriptive to reflect the training's content; 'staff meetings' and 'professional development days' will not be accepted as of September 1, 2023)
- The date that the training took place
- The total number of hours the training lasted
For accuracy, we recommend that the training certificate also include which Core Competency (CBK) and OCFS Training Priority Area(s) the training covers and how much time is dedicated to each area. While The Aspire Registry will accept documentation without this information, Aspire staff will need to decide the training topics each training covers, which may not be consistent with your experience or personal records.
Please note that the Aspire Registry requires training certificates and cannot accept agendas, invoices, receipts, quizzes/exams, or any handwritten documents to verify professional development or training hours.
We accept training certificates related to Early Childhood, School Age, and Leadership and Management in Early Childhood Education.
Guidelines for submitting the following documents: