The Content Specialist credentialing process is administered by the New York Association for the Education of Young Children (NYAEYC) and is a designation of the Training and Technical Assistance Professional Credential (T-TAP). Content Specialists provide professional development in areas that contribute to quality early care and learning programming. The professional development that Content Specialists deliver to early childhood and school age professionals is aligned with the New York State Core Body of Knowledge.
Content Specialists are approved to deliver professional development in one of the following areas:
- Family and Social Services
- Special Education and Related Services
- Fine/Performing Arts
- Health and Wellness
- Safety and Security
- Program Organization, Leadership and Communications
- Laws and Regulations
- Business and Finance
- Active Aspire Profile
- Minimum Career Ladder Level 2
- Join The Aspire Registry as an Aspire-Registered Trainer.
- Submit an online Intent to Apply form on the NYAEYC website.
- Submit professional references to NYAEYC.