Members of the Aspire Registry have the right to appeal a decision made in the registry system regarding their professional profiles. Please read the following instructions before submitting an appeal:
- To file an appeal, complete the Appeal Form and provide specific information about what you are contesting.
- Attach any suggested documents that support your appeal. Please note we encourage you to read the Supporting Documentation Guidelines before submitting the appeal form.
- In cases where the appeal involves credit-bearing coursework on an official transcript, you must submit both a course description and syllabus from the college or university or a letter from the institution describing the focus of the coursework.
- After you've submitted your appeal with the supporting documentation, it will be reviewed by The Aspire Registry Administrator. You will be notified of a decision within two weeks*.
- If there is a determination that the appeal includes valid documentation and information that justifies a recalculation of the Career Ladder Level, the new level will be assigned, and a certificate will be updated before you are notified of the findings.
- You have the right to a second appeal if your first appeal is rejected. At this point, the appeal and supporting documentation will be reviewed by the Aspire Registry Coding Committee and Advisory Group. You will be notified of a decision within two weeks*.
*Appeals may be expedited to within 3 business days for applicants working at QUALITYstarsNY or NAEYC/NAFCC accredited program.