Members of The Aspire Registry have the right to appeal a decision made in the registry system regarding their individual professional profiles. Please read the following instructions before submitting an appeal:
- To file an appeal, complete the Appeal Form and provide specific information about what you are contesting.
- Attach any suggested documents that support your appeal. Please note we encourage you to read the Supporting Documentation Guidelines before submitting the appeal form.
- In cases where the appeal involves credit-bearing coursework on an official transcript, the member will be required to submit both a course description and syllabus from the college or university, or a letter from the institution describing the focus of the coursework.
- After your appeal is submitted with the supporting documentation, it will be reviewed by The Aspire Registry Administrator. You will be notified with a decision within two weeks*.
- If there is a determination that the appeal includes valid documentation and information that justifies a recalculation of the Career Ladder Level, the new level will be assigned and a certificate will be updated before the member is notified of the findings.
- If the appeal is rejected, the participant has the right to a second appeal. At this point the appeal and supporting documentation will be reviewed by The Aspire Registry Coding Committee and Advisory Group. The Aspire Registry member will be notified with a decision within two weeks*.
*Appeals may be expedited to within 3 business days for applicants working at QUALITYstarsNY or NAEYC/NAFCC accredited program.